Market: Renewables and Environmental
Scope of work: Installation of the Amrumbank West substation
Location: German Waters
Client: GeoSea NV
Period: April 2014
In April and May 2014, Scaldis executed the complete offshore installation of the Amrumbank West wind farm substation. This substation, owned by E.o.N. is located in the German Bight, the German North Sea sector. Scaldis was responsible for lifting and placing jacket foundation on the seabed, four pile lifts, upending, stabbing and hammering piles to penetration depth; noise mitigation during piling works; jacket levelling, grouting and lastly lifting the topside onto the jacket foundation.
Some project specifications :
- Weight of the Amrumbank jacket : 980 tonnes
- Pile specifications : W = 165 tonnes, Ø = 96”, L = 54m
- Weight of the Amrumbank topside : 2100 tonnes
Challenges overcome during this project include :
- Working outside the offshore season in the German Bight sector, which is known for unfavourable weather conditions.
- Designing lifting arrangements to make maximum use of Rambiz capacities for pile upending and topside lift operations