Market: Renewables and Environmental
Scope of work: Installation of jacket and topside for Butendiek Offshore Wind Farm
Location: German Waters
Client: GeoSea NV
Period: May 2014
In April 2014, Scaldis executed the complete offshore installation of the Butendiek wind farm substation.
This substation, owned by Wpd, is located in the German Bight, the German North Sea sector. Scaldis was responsible for liffting and placing of the jacket foundation on the seabed; four pile lifts, upending, stabbing and hammering piles to penetration depth; noise mitigation during piling works, jacket levelling, grouting, and lastly lifting the topside onto the jacket foundation.
Some project specifications:
- Weightof the Butendiek jacket : 1032 tonnes
- Pile specification : W = 238 tonnes, Ø = 96”, L = 61m
- Weight of the Butendiek topside : 2250 tonnes
Challenges overcome during this project include :
- Working outside the offshore season in the German Bight sector, which is known for unfavourable weather conditions.
- Designing lifting arrangements to make maximum use of Rambiz' capacities for pile upending and topside lift operations.